Wednesday, January 02, 2008

This Year I Promise To...

Happy New Year everybody!!!  

My obligatory New Year's Resolution this year is to 1) be happier and healthier by not taking things so seriously and 2) take care of my body/mind before I get too old it's pointless.  As part of this I'm working on my insane need to control everything in my environment... instead I'm going to try to stop controlling people/time/feelings and just stick with nagging the inanimate objects.  So yes, I'll still be annoyed about laundry in the floor and weird magazine piles, but I'll try not to be hyper-intense about work schedules, weird fits of delirium, other people's problems or tardiness.  For my body/mind, I'm also going to try to not drink any alcohol this month and not drink any soda next month.  Not sure what I'm giving up in March, maybe spending money?  I'm going to try to keep track of how it all goes and see if there are any clear benefits.  I'm pretty sure I'll fail on Month 1 and Month 3, but I bet I can kick this Coke Zero habit at the very least.

Cheers!


2 comments:

Jenn said...

I got your back! You can totally do that!

elizabethjune said...

Good, cause I'm probably failing tonight by drinking sangria with my tapas... sigh.