Hey all! Kittens With Mittens is up and running and full of news posts! If you were a subscriber to KWM at this location, you'll need to go to the bottom of the new blog, find the subscribe button, and follow the instructions. I apologize for this extra step for getting updates, but there doesn't seem to be a way to move your subscription to the blogger page to the wordpress one...
You can also follow me on Twitter @squidgykitty, to get new posts OR you can "like" my Kittens With Mittens facebook page. This will get the new content put directly in your newsfeed!
Thanks for being my supporters and loyal readers and I hope you continue to be!
Kat reposted a nice piece about true rape prevention, which reminded me of this little list I whipped up a few months ago. As I just did a college RA training yesterday, re-reading this made me laugh. I mean seriously, the "tips" they give potential victims are so condescending. It's fun to turn the tables.
Sexual Assault Prevention Tips Guaranteed to Work!
1. Don't put drugs in people's drinks in order to control their behavior.
2. When you see someone walking by themselves, leave them alone!
3. If you pull over to help someone with car problems, remember not to assault them!
4. NEVER open an unlocked door or window uninvited.
5. If you are in an elevator and someone else gets in, DON'T ASSAULT THEM!
6. Remember, people go to laundry to do their laundry, do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
7. USE THE BUDDY SYSTEM! If you are not able to stop yourself from assaulting people, ask a friend to stay with you while you are in public.
8. Always be honest with people! Don't pretend to be a caring friend in order to gain the trust of someone you want to assault. Consider telling them you plan to assault them. If you don't communicate your intentions, the other person may take that as a sign that you do not plan to rape them.
9. Don't forget: you can't have sex with someone unless they are awake!
10. Carry a whistle! If you are worried you might assault someone "on accident" you can hand it to the person you are with, so they can blow it if you do.
And, ALWAYS REMEMBER: if you didn't ask permission and then respect the answer the first time, you are committing a crime- no matter how "into it" others appear to be.