Sunday, January 06, 2008

This Does Not Help, People!!!

As I was pleasantly buying my groceries today, I heard two people in line behind me talking about Obama versus Hillary. One guy argued that Hillary was an "old school Democrat"* and Obama wanted change and that though he's normally a liberal Republican (what does that even mean?!) he wants change over the status quo. While I am personally also leaning for Obama (okay, anyone) over Hillary's hawkish form of "social justice," shouldn't change for change's sake be a bad reason to vote for someone? Like, what if Obama changes everything the dude actually likes and believes in?

But, the idiot was wearing this t-shirt, so I guess I shouldn't expect him to think about political complexities like that.



Seriously, what a fucktard for wearing this and saying he likes Obama for the change he is offering. Has he listened to Obama at all? 'Cause Obama is all about unity and coming together and all the stuff that this shirt* is NOT about. Not to mention all the obvious reasons* this shirt had me seething while buying my zucchini.

Oh, and it spells the plural of "ho" incorrectly. Dumbass.




*okay, seriously 30-year-old dude, take a history lesson. 1990s "New Democrat" is not old school. The New Dealers are old school, idiot...
* made by notoriously misogynistic tshirt company (swallow or it goes in your eye)
* for a full feminist discussion of the shirt, check feministing.com out

1 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow...I have no words for that except, ARGH!!!