Tuesday, January 15, 2008

That'll Be The Day...

... that you make me cry, work! Today was insanity, just like yesterday. It wasn't bad, per se--not like I got chastised or messed up or anything, just thing after thing after thing after thing thrown at me without being able to take a breath. Everyone kept asking if I was okay because even though I don't complain, I have no poker face.

I spent most of the day dealing with money and government contracts and math... ick. The other half of the day was meetings and getting new task after new task put on my plate. Oh yeah, and being asked to drive to Philly to pick up the former Surgeon General of the US tomorrow and then finding a way around that... though that would have been a pretty cool interruption to my work week, I admit.

To add insult to injury, I'm on call for jury duty for two weeks. So everyday I have to scramble to finish all of my work in case I get called in the next day. Not that I'm against civic duty, I love civic duty, it's just I'm already behind for Wednesday and it's only Tuesday night.

Oh well, it's just work. It's just one day. It's just one bad week out of lots of good ones... So, tomorrow, when it happens again, I'll go to another bad movie or take another run or call another friend and start all over, hoping for the best. I love my career, but for those people who work in exhibitions, we all know that days like this, well, are part of the job...

1 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow...a former Surgeon General. That would have been an awesome gig, but, like you said, not exactly something to take some stress of your work day. Hang in there, girl! It's only work. :)