Friday, September 01, 2006

Snarky McSnarkison

As soon as I checked my email this morning, I noticed someone had left a comment on my recent post, Pigfaced Little Twit.

It reads below:

Anonymous said:

Between your profile and your ranting, I'd suggest to your husband to run for the hills now...

Normally posts don't annoy me, but lately my friends and I have been discussing the idea of anonymous comment-leavers. So, here is another open letter:

To Whom it May Concern,

Who is this "anonymous" who keeps leaving snarky comments on people's blogs? Are you a yellow-bellied chicken who can't even own up to your beliefs? Are you Joe Klein? (Get it? Because he wrote Primary Colors as "Anonymous"? Oh, nevermind...) Are you someone I used to be friends with who is attempting a lovely passive-aggressive subterfuge? Did a bunch of people name their kids Anonymous and I'm just totally unaware of the trend? You know, like how people are naming their kids after cars? Like Audi, Jeep, and Infiniti?

Come out and own your comments, Anonymous! Trust me, it feels good to own what you say, even when people don't agree with it. You'll even sleep better at night.

Love,
Elizabeth

P.S. Is it my love of Jim Henson movies noted on my profile that gave me away as a crazy man-eater? Because if the Muppets taught me anything, it's to be an angry, hard, cold, and humorless person.

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I think it was listing the anti-rape movement as an interest, especially coupled with women's rights.

Then again, it might have been that devil-worshipper Harry Potter. You know how he's always doing bad stuff like fighting for the good guys and triumphing over evil.