Sunday, September 17, 2006

Fool Me Once...

Okay, so apparently this "special edition" DVD sctick is the new black.

LOTR (Lord of the Rings for those of you not cool enough to be in the abbreviation know) is now being released with the theatrical version on one side and the extended on the other... after many people (ahem, Allison) bought both anyhow. Mainly because they (ahem, Allison) just couldn't wait the three months for the extended release. I don't think I'll be getting this as I'm fine and dandy with giving away an extra hour of my time to watch my extended versions. Who wouldn't want more time with hobbits?

Also, and more likely to affect my bank account, Superman is getting a new box set, "The Christopher Reeve Superman Collection." This makes me a tad less angry to purchase because included in the set is Richard Donner's original cut of Superman II! We'll get to see exactly how that green crystal gave Superman back his powers instead of just going, sure, okay, have you ever noticed how blue Christopher Reeve's eyes are?! Plus it has more Marlon Brando as Jor-El and that automatically makes this version better. "Stella!!!!!" Ooop, I mean, "Kal-el!!!!" Also I never bought III and IV in the first place, so I'll at least be able to proudly display those gems in my film collection. *Cough Cough being sarcastic Cough Cough*

Go here if you want to a detailed play by play of how Donner's version is different from the theatrical release we all know and love.

And yes, I was much more likely to be friends with boys than date them when I was younger. Shut up.

0 comments: