Saturday, September 09, 2006

Lazy Hazy End of Summer Days

I'm not leaving my house at all this weekend. I'm not drinking any booze. I'm not using an alarm when I get up. I'm going to screen most of my calls... I am going to vegetate and detox and watch LOTS of television. Okay, I need to clean the kitchen and do laundry, but I don't have to shower for that. But I am going to get gobs of needed sleep, rest my brain, and prepare for my whirlwind week.


Itinerary:


Work:

Find English speaker in Spanish-speaking country to locate important Central American peace treaty.

Write 5 billion emails (like always) to beg beg beg people to a) respond to our pleas for help b) actually tell us what neat shit they have for an exhibit.

Enter about 1000 items into database...so not happening.

Meet with consultants (again) for new custom database.

Meetings, meetings, meetings!

Exhibition deadline, exhibition deadline, exhibition deadline!

Figure out where that damn brass fixture I found goes in the exhibition...it looks vaguely familiar...

And that's just what I have planned... no accounting for the constant "Elizabeth... do you know if we have or can you or what is (fill in blank)?"s I get.

And I'm sure I have post-its all over my desk with other things I have to do that I've totally not logged in my brain yet. It's true, I'm very important.

Personal Life:

MU Alumni event at the Capitol... might be fun. Might be lots of older people. 50/50 chance it'll be fun. Well, 70/30 if there's good food and cocktails...

Kickball!!! At a new field in Dupont area, with lights. Which my team doesn't even need because we got the kick-ass neon fugly green shirts! We glowed in the dark last week, people. I'm so not kidding.

Grocery shopping is on this list somewhere...

Happy Hour at Fox and Hound with my ladies-who-drink from WWH. One lovely lady is back in town so gaiety all around. And lots of gin and tonics.

Kickball party. Pre-gaming with Nintendo at the ol' Rowhouse. Minus: the bar is one frequented by GW undergrads and men who wear their polo collars flipped up
Plus: $10 open bar. So in DC, that adds up to about 2 beers at normal price. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Plus, I think the Adams-Morgan kickball crowd is essentially taking over the party spot. So hopefully the popped collars will all be worn ironically. One can only dream...

Housewarming party in Arlington. A good friend just finished rennovating her Bungalow. Probably get to see lots of people haven't seen in a while and enjoy the lower relative humidity levels of the Summer/Fall cusp.

Oh yeah, and finding time to write snarky blogs... That has to fit in somewhere.

I'm sure to a lot of you this isn't a super busy week... you probably go out every night after work, which of course, was filled with only a 15 minute break to smoke a cigarette, eat a cracker, and pee. But even though work is always busy for me, my weeknights are usually spent at home cooking and reading... I have kickball once a week and maybe go to a movie, get dinner with someone downtown, or to a show. Maybe. But this week I have something marked in my calendar for every night.

I guess it keeps me young, always being on my toes. And also slightly dizzy.

0 comments: