Monday, October 31, 2005

So sleepy...

I had my interview downtown today and it went really well, I think. The best thing so far about the interview is what happened with my portfolio. I went into Kinko's last night to print out my portfolio in color, so that I could bring some of my exhibit labels for them to keep. Well, when I went back to Kinko's to pick up the prints, the employee there asked if he could make a copy of my exhibit, "The Wanderers: Creators of a Russian Idiom." Apparently, he had started reading it and hadn't had a chance to finish! How great is that? Makes me feel better about my ability to create compelling and accessible labels, even on obscure Russian art groups. Writing labels is a lot harder than it looks and apparently I don't suck! Yay me!

I am going to go nap now. It's amazing how tired you can get after something like an interview. It's like I've been prepping for a marathon all week.

PS I didn't get to see Rosa Parks because of my interview and I am very sad. I wanted to pay my respects to this magnificent woman. Thank God Congress realized that they should too and laid her in honor in the Capitol.

0 comments: