Friday, October 07, 2005

Mr. Smithson and Fugly Friends

So, some good news! My contract was extended at the Smithsonian. Thanks, Mr. Smithson, for providing me with the funds to pay back my student loans! I also just found out that I made the first cut for this job I really want in Boston.

On to other news.

At my job, I scan historical scientific illustrations. This means that I have lots of time to browse the internet while the scanner does what scanners do, which is scan. I've recently become OBSESSED with several celebrity gossip sites. I get to look at great pictures that have minimal captions... unlike US Weekly, which requires me to spend so much time READING. Sheesh. One site, Popsugar, updates so regularly that I can actually check more than once a day. Junk-Feud has hilarious captions... But my favorite, I think, is GoFugYourself. GoFugYourself is dedicated to cataloguing the atrocious fashion choices of celebrities... the sad thing is that I like a lot of the stuff that they hate. Sigh. There goes my dream of a Hollywood career!

Finally, I've also been wasting my time with Friendster. I LOVE it! I've found several friends I had lost contact with and I get to write little diatribes about myself. It's all about amassing as many friends/acquaintances as you can so everyone thinks that you rock. The down side is that people you lost on purpose can find you. Oh well, that still gives me something to do why my Trout scans at 600dpi.

0 comments: