Thursday, October 20, 2005

Beantown and the "T"

I'm going to Boston this weekend for a job interview and I'm super excited. I've had some other nibbles here in DC, but I'm not against a move. Sure, I ADORE my friends here. A girl couldn't ask for better folks to play "Scrupples" with, that's for sure. Even if they do always give me the bleeding heart liberal questions... because I am a bleeding heart liberal. And DC is a great city. But, I've haven't been to Boston in years and I'm looking forward to spending some time there as an adult. If all works out, perhaps a move to Beantown is in my future. Time for cold winters, for calling the Metro the "T", and, for the first time in my life, living outside of the South (yes, mid-Missouri, you're as Southern as fried okra, whether you admit it or not!)... Don't worry, I'm not putting the cart before the horse; I know that jobs are hard to get at the place I'm interviewing.

If it goes well, expect another post. If not, let's just pretend this never happened and I was just going on a mini-break with my husband...

0 comments: