Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Virgil Goode Is an Idiot

Virgil Goode is all in a tizzy because House Representative-elect Keith Ellison will be swearing in on a Quran. Thomas Jefferson's Quran, no less. According to Goode (who probably also thinks God talks to him), without immigration overhaul "there will be many more Muslims elected to office demanding the use of the Quran."

Does that mean that Goode is cool with "the Mexicans"?!? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but I've noticed a lot of Christian churches going bilingual the past couple of years. Now that's the American spirit Goode must be talking about! As long as those damn Buddhists and Hindus and Muslims stay out, he will welcome our Christian brethren to the South with open, hospitable arms. This will teach the Minutemen to think twice about which borders they patrol. Christian or Bust, Baby! Our doors are welcome!

Somehow, I don' t think that's quite what Goode means. I know, I'm such a cynic, but whaddya gonna do?

1 comments:

Emily said...

hahahaha... what a freak. I hope Virgil's college consituents in Charlottesville give him hell.

And, damn, borrowing Jefferson's Quran? Brilliant.