Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Consumption

I have another lung ailment--the third this year! Seriously, I think it must be an occupational hazard. When I was in preservation and working in a sterile, pristine environment, the moldy dusty disintegrating artifacts were brought to me. But now that I'm back in exhibitions, I'm working among the stuff again, breathing in 500-year-old mold. Bleck.

Hope I'm better by this weekend because the boy and I are driving up to Philly with a friend and his partner. Another friend decided to move back to Philly (apparently the coolest city man every created) after about a year in DC (which he thinks is the lamest). He's throwing a party to celebrate his homecoming and providing us Philly neophytes with a special guided tour. I haven't been to Philly since I was wee old and my parents did the Great Tour of New England 1993 in our '78 Chevy Impala with blue vinyl seats.* We've been meaning to go up to the other east coast cities more than we have since moving to DC, but with money and grad school, it just never happened... Philly better live up to all my expectations, as they were delayed by the most expensive school in the country. This trip better be worth $80,000 or else I'm boycotting it forever. Nay, I will do more than that for you ole beloved Capital town, much more! Philly-centric friend and I will enter into a death match using nothing but medieval weaponry. I swear I'll win for you DC and for your overpriced private university! I swear!

Anyhow, I should go take more 'Tussin now and sleep a peaceful sleep... it's very clear I'm not getting enough oxygen to my brain right now.

*If I have these years wrong Mom/Dad, it only proves that your memory is still better than mine...

0 comments: