Sunday, January 28, 2007

Well..

...I went to the March. It was a beautiful day and an amazing turnout. I didn't march for long: I mainly sat on the side as an ethnographer, observing those who came to protest. It was pretty amazing to see the diversity--there were people with walkers, strollers, and protest drums side by side. It was also really interesting how many people brought cameras--they not only want to be seen, but also wanted to record that they had been seen. 10 people literally took the same photograph of protest signs shoved into the trash can near where I was sitting. They all seemed to think that it was a creative and unique composition. I should google it and see how many times it shoes up on Flickr...

Not sure if my or anyone else's going will make a difference with our current obstinate president, but it was nice to see that so many people are against this war. Gives me hope that, when bad enough, people will turn off their televisions and stand up for what they believe.

0 comments: