Friday, January 19, 2007

Dear Lord...

...it's been forever since my last post... and I was doing so well at the first of the year! The least of my resolutions to go to pot 3 weeks into 2007, I suppose. Life, I mean, work, got in the way. I sent the objects to the designers today... finality is a good thing in my eyes right now, even if it meant working until 10 pm some nights this week.

The more important interference with my virtual communication, though, has been that another good friend has moved to DC! My new motto seems to be: why bother making new friends when all your old ones move to you? In all seriousness, this is my 4th very good friend to move to the District and I'm super excited she's here. Why all the moves? Because I'm so fantastical, of course... Actually, I guess it's because I gravitate toward politically-minded people who don't just bitch about the way the world is, but actually attempt to change it...D.C. is definitely one of the places to do that. Movers and shakers or at least people who fancy themselves movers and shakers. Anyhow, I always love sharing my home with virgin D.C.ers and I especially love that Sara is here... I'm a bit of a schizo and different people bring out different aspects of my personality. Sara (along with my other bestest kittenist friends) brings out the weird and slightly inappropriate Elizabeth. I've been rejuvenated since she got here--I'd forgotten how much I liked letting go of all my worries and just taking life as it comes. Worrying more about what experiences I'll have this week than thinking about bills... Plus, she's living and working in Capitol Hill, which is a neighborhood I haven't spent much time in, so this will give us both a chance to explore something I've missed out on the last 4 years. I can share my little piece of this city and she can share hers. So far it appears that her block has more trees and white people than mine, but I'm a very judgemental person and jump quickly to conclusions. I'll have to do a tree count to confirm my suspicions and then I'll get back to you. No offense, hillers, right? It's just bitterness because your one bedrooms are so much more expensive than mine in Columbia Heights and thus, more desirable. I have low neighborhood self-esteem, amongst other insecurities.

My statistical tree count will have to wait, however, because right now I'm going to keep boozing and celebrating the end of this damn hard week. And sleep in tomorrow. Zzzzzzzzz.

1 comments:

Sara said...

i'm honored to be a part of your blog and life. i'm soooo glad i bring out the inappropriate elizabeth... but i've never known you any other way. what are you like when i'm not around? when a tree falls in a forest and there's no one around, does it make a sound? oh, life.