Thursday, August 17, 2006

It's not like it's a dog or something...

First off, I need to say that I love my job. It's amazing to not only do work that is creative, challenging, and socially relevant, but also for that job to be your dream job. But, from the very beginning, I've been very busy at work. A lot of people depend on me to do my job and I depend on them to do mine. It's a wonderful collaborative environment, but can also prove to be a vicious cycle of piles, plaintive pleas for help, followed by more piles. Normally, though, I leave my work anxieties at work. My piles don't attach themselves to my brain (okay okay I take some work home on weekends, but just reading). I let it go. Work is work, home is home. But the past couple of days, I have been stressing about work when I get home. I've been thinking about all the stuff I have to do the next day (which, because I work with museum objects, I can't bring home...) and being in a general state of fret. This is not good. It is just a job. A wonderful, exciting, good paying, important job. But a job, nonetheless...

So my solution? I've poured myself a drink, bought some celebrity trash magazines, put on my pajamas and am zoning out. I wasn't going to even turn on my Mac, but it was calling to me like a pitcher of beer on a hot afternoon. Yum.

Okay, now I'm seriously off to zone out. Ciao.

0 comments: