Monday, September 22, 2008

See, DC is AWESOME!

'Cause we don't suck!  Apparently, DC is so "small town" in nature that it doesn't even qualify as one of the top ten stressful cities in the US!  The criteria was pollution, unemployment, population density, and housing costs.  Seriously, we're not worse than Providence, RI?  Ah, well, I'll just take this as more validation that living in DC doesn't make me any less cool than someone living in NY.  I'm actually just less cool because I read fanfiction and work in a library.

3 comments:

quasimz101 said...

Yep... DC is alright... but I wonder... as per your title... do you wear mittens yourself come winter season? You, know hitting people in the head with snowballs and stuff... just sayin'

elizabethjune said...

In fact, I do wear mittens, fancy "hybrid ones" that my twin sissy got me that have fingers inside and a little flip-top mitten hood. So, I can enjoy the awesomeness of mittens and that joy of evolutionary chance, finger dexterity ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

Though, I must admit, I'm a tad confused about what you're "just sayin'" about it? I do like a good snowball fight, but since I don't live in the midwest anymore, there's never really a chance to do it...I'm not sure what that means to you, but I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Craig said...

Nah... there will be a good snowfall here in DC one day... I tend to go old school... the real kind of mittens, finger dexterity be damned. Too bad it hasn't landed me a girlfriend yet. Pffth.

I've never been much for those hybrid kinds... you go big or go home... ;) I was just sayin... mittens are awesome, thats all. ;) Well, if you find me one day in DC on a snowy day, then ya got a good target for your snowball chucking skillz, eh??

IM me at quasimz101? We can continue haggling online yes? :)

P.S. I first wrote cuz your blog came up in the Express print edition... good readings on the Metro!

It does stink about equality in the working world, eh?