Thursday, March 01, 2007

Defrosting...

I'm waiting for my chicken to defrost (I'm making Peanut Chicken for dinner...yum yum) and watching the ice and snow from the past two weeks melt with the warm rain and just feeling really good. Things are really on the up and up for me. I got a handle on my workload (which is allowing me to do really fun stuff, like blog at work about work for our upcoming exhibition website), I have an ever-growing group of amazing friends in DC, I've been cooking and working out nightly, I like my husband most of the time, and I just got some awesome new spectacles (the one benefit of being blind is the chance to accessorize). I know that last plus is super shallow but whatever.

Anyhow, I'm off to Arkansas for the weekend. Part of me wishes I were using my vacation time for exciting things like New York or SF or something, but home is where I need to go. I want to see my family and I really need to spend time with my Grandpa while he's cognizant of what's going on. Seriously, I have my entire life to ignore my family... But really, I do love Arkansas. I'm not one of those people who left because I hated it there and I certainly won't say that the roads I take won't lead me back (Head Curator of the Clinton Library would be pretty sweet, don't you think?)...

Well, time to cook some rice noodles and pack for my trip.

0 comments: