Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Shoosh

Sorry for the time between posts... I've been out nearly every night for the past month. My "drink less" attempt during February was completely shot, but then again, I'm doing better on my "enjoy the city more" goal, so it's all even. Don't have much to report, just hanging out, going to museum lectures, going to shows, working... Well, did have something interesting happen at the Richard Buckner show last night. In the middle of making a new friend, looked back and saw someone I used to go to college with. Sure, I was at the show with someone I went to college with so it's not totally weird for a Mizzou kid to be in DC, but this was the ex-boyfriend of an ex-friend... I wasn't sure if that made us friends or enemies... All I was thinking was that running into anyone you used to know from home in a metro area of millions, no matter your feelings towards them, is an occasion to say "hi," right? Next time, I'll be sure to remind myself why I didn't stay in touch with a person before I get so optimistic and sentimental. The dude was taciturn, antisocial, and well, even though he was always sorta that way, I kinda wished I hadn't wasted the time going across the room just to get this confirmed. Oh well. I'm sure he's not even the least bit concerned with the incident, but I always obsess about chance encounters with people I'm not sure if I like and I'm not sure like me. I want to make sure I made it completely clear how amazingly successful and happy I am. Oh admit it, people, you do it too!

To top the night off, though, I got shooshed. At a show! This pointy-nose bitch shooshed me, like I'm five or something! I was talking to some guy next to me about how Buckner always seems to play these non-melodic musical interludes between songs instead of waiting for clapping or speaking a bit. Sorta transitions so he can go from song to song but still take a bit of a pause... Anyhow, I said this during one of these interludes and the twat patted my arm very condescendingly and said, "some of us are trying to listen to the music." I was like, "Dude, it's the pause. Get a grip." Okay, I didn't say that to her face, but I did give her death eye. And talked very rudely about her when she was in hearing distance. Also I told one of Buckner's band members and he confirmed that the "lady" needed to chill out, so ha! I win! I'm way more immature than she'll ever be! Na na na na naaaaaaa

Anyhow, I will probably be spotty blogging over the next couple of weeks because I have more musicians to talk over and health goals to fail... Oh and I just found out (like, literally as I was writing this) that Sara is moving a block away from me! Yippee!!! And Em just moved the neighborhood south (about 10 minute walk). Woohoo!! Friends everywhere!

Now I'm never going to have time to blog.

0 comments: