Sunday, February 11, 2007

Love Gone Wrong

Four years ago, the day before Valentine's Day happened to be Friday the 13th. I got the bright idea to throw an anti-Valentine's Day party, compleat with horror movies and booze. Thus, Love Gone Wrong was born.

This year's theme was friendship gone wrong, with Single White Female and Carrie as the film selections. The highlight of the night, however, was the crafts. I wasn't sure how popular the craft table would be, but that's because I temporarily forgot how geeky my friends are... I mean that as a compliment, of course. Here is the link to pics from the shindig and a collection of guests' anti-Valentine's. Below are two of my favorites from the night.

This was to Sara, from Emily. Sadly, the message is taken nearly verbatim from a very awkward compliment I was trying to give Sara. And now it's immortilized on construction paper. Forever. Thanks, Em.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This anti-Valentine was a group effort. I think that it's one of the funniest things I've ever read and I'm positive we have a future in what I predict is a burgeoning anti-Valentine market. I've just put all my money into construction paper, glitter glue, and scissors.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Long live, Love Gone Wrong!

2 comments:

Emily said...

This would make a good card, too. http://xkcd.com/c71.html

Jenn said...

I wish I could have been there. No one has parties this cool in Lawrence. :(