Monday, December 08, 2008

Goodbye Mollygood

Mollygood, my go-to for celebrity gossip, is going away and I'm sad. I know it might seem superficial to lament the end of a gossip blog, but in a cyberworld where so many websites either "tell the news" by ignoring pertinent information in lieu of brangelina gossip (ahem, I'm looking at you CNN.com) or, if focused solely on gossip, do so in a horribly misogynistic, crass, banal, and stupid way (e.g. Perez Hilton, yeeeah, tmz, idontlikeyouinthatway, etc., etc., etc.), Mollygood was refreshing.  It offered a daily dose of mindless distraction, but did so with respect and awareness for different lifestyles and diversity.  Its commentors were often above-par intelligence and funny as hell, its posts were refreshingly political, always fun and snarky, and, without fail, plain ole' smart. 

In a world where ignorance is lauded as a "traditional" value, I will be sad to no longer have a place to get my gossip without having to dumb myself down.


1 comments:

Jenn said...

Sadness! I have that T-shirt from her...we'll remember her by it! ;)