Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year, Scmew Year...

Well, it's official. It's 2006. 2005 is finally over. Whew. Jesus Christ, it took a long time...

I was talking to my mom and her hope was that we don't have a repeat of 2005 and I heartedly agreed... but then I started thinking about it and a lot of good stuff happened last year. I got a contract at the Smithsonian, graduated with my Masters, wrote an entire exhibit for the Woodrow Wilson House, got married, had several parties celebrating this fact, went to other dear friends' weddings, made new friends... but then there was that one thing that seems to be fogging up my family's memories of 2005. It's insane how one bad thing, just one, can shape how we remember every other event. 2005 = the Year Grandma Died.

Hopefully, in time, I'll remember 2005 as the year that I got married, received my Masters, and started my life as a museum professional... that also happened to be the year my Grandma passed on.

As for 2006, I'm hoping for a year without a bad thing to define it... In fact, it would be nice to have a year of just ho-hum for once. So, here's to seeing the same old friends, drinking the same old beer, seeing the same old movies, and all the wonderfulness of a ho-hum life in 2006!

Happy New Year to All! May your 2006 be exactly what you want it to be!

0 comments: