Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Which Clinton?!

Is it totally telling of my feminist leanings that my first thought when I saw this post on CNN about an attempt to free the jailed Current TV journalists, was "They sent which Clinton? Why him and not the Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton?! Seriously, had to send the husband to take care of the big, bad hard job. Sigh"

Now, to be fair to everyone, I read further down and it was made clear to me that this was a private attempt to free the journalists and that boy Clinton was not acting as a government official, as girl Clinton would have been... So, I chilled my jets. A little...

Still, I can't help having a bit of a gut reaction, considering the power dynamic between men and women in general and Bill and Hillary in particular. You know what I mean?

0 comments: