Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Ah, Green Space! How I Heart Thee!

Common Good City Farms was featured on MSN Nightly News last night! Yay urban farms! Especially one literally a block away from me and part of a soon-to-be built park complex where an unused elementary school currently sits. Here is the drawing for the future park on the end of our block, which clearly promises to be awesome for sitting outside, playing with the visiting nephew, and attempting frisbee. The boy and I are super excited-- we never imagined that we'd buy a house on what we lovingly call "the 3rd worst block of LeDroit Park"* and end up with massive green space down the street!

Here's the vid:




*It's actually not a "bad block" at all. Sure, we have the po-lice swing by sometimes 'cause of something or the other and some houses have part-taaays (!) till late at night, but I'm a hillbilly and certainly no snob. I personally think that my neighbors have all been really friendly and we love it here--diversity is important to me, class, ethnicity, sexual orientation, perspectives, all of it. We just came up with the joking self-deprecation 'cause a lot of people in DC think that LeDroit Park is a war-zone or something. Which I'm okay with, 'cause then they don't come here... :)

1 comments:

Emily said...

that looks amazing!! so excited for you.