Monday, November 03, 2008

My Prayer

I'm not a God-fearing woman (though, I am humble enough to know that I might be wrong...), but I am someone who believes in the good in humanity, in our ability to rise above our biology and help one another instead of continuing the slow, constant march of natural selection, the strong over the weak... So, here is my "atheist prayer" for any that will listen, because, despite what anyone thinks, I love my country. With my whole heart.

For the love of fairness and equality over greed and wealth, please let Obama win.

For the sanctity of all love, no matter its package, please let Obama win.

For the protection of women's "health," despite the anger of Christian men, let Obama win.

For anyone who thinks that someone's skin is enough of a reason to not vote for someone, please let Obama win.

For the advancement of science, instead of the dark ages returning, let Obama win.

For those who are patriot enough to question their government, instead of standing idly by, let Obama win.

For the poor, the weak, and the sick, please let Obama win.

For the strong, the healthy, and those that have never had to worry about hard times, please let Obama win.

For anyone who has ever been told they aren't a "real" American, please let Obama win.

For all of the Muslims, and Jews, and "Godless," whose religions are now "dirty" words, let Obama win.

For me, and for you, and for your sister, and your brother, and your mother, grandmother, father, grandfather, friend, neighbor, coworker, boss, person passing on the street... Please let Obama win.

For everything that our founding fathers fought and died for, and every soldier after them, please, please, please let Obama win.


For America, the beautiful, please let Obama win.


2 comments:

Jenn said...

AMEN!!!

Tish said...

this is beautiful lady