Friday, June 27, 2008

I tried...

...to have a good time on my vacation, but my body just wouldn't agree!!!

So, despite amazing weather, great friends, family, and the boy, I was a bit of a cranky puss.

Here's my list of ailments:

1. I got food poisoning on the second night. Bleck. But it was a gorgeous sunset...



2. I got a sore tailbone and many, many bruises jumping 20 feet into this amazing Mayan sinkhole. I have to say, this ailment was totally worth it! So much so, this pic is of my jumping the second time, despite being in so much pain I could barely walk. Rock on!



3. I got a severe sunburn relaxing in the cabana, despite using 70 spf Aveeno spray. Caution to all at risk burners out there: when the spray bottle is nearly done, just throw it out. The bottom is more liquid than sunscreen as my mottled skin can attest to. Seriously, I'm all dark tan and pale splotchy. What's the point of pain if I don't at least end up with hot, evenly dark legs?



4. I caught strep throat and a sinus infection. Yeah, that's right. You heard me. So, basically, I spent the last three days in paradise in bed, while others went and played with dolphins... at least I had all-inclusive room service!!!!


But, since I'm not really a Debbie Downer, here's all the good stuff:

1. Amazing location! It was so beautiful and warm and amazing... good food, unlimited cocktails (though I went easy on them since I didn't feel so hot... so sad, I know)... It was really a relaxing place to be.



2. Exploring archaeological treasures was great, including Chichen-Itza and the aforementioned Mayan sinkhole.





3. I got to swim with dolphins!!!! Many of my closest friends and family know that my secret wish was to be a marine biologist when I grew up... sure, I have a great career now, but part of me is still totally fascinated by the sea and being near such amazing creatures was one of the highlights of my life. I got to rub her belly and she gave me a footpush!



So, I guess I have to say I'd do it all over again. It was a great wedding, a week of partying while hanging out with friends and family, and it was in tropical paradise. But, it would have been nicer without the strep throat... and the vomiting... and the bruised bum. But, whaddya gonna do? Oh right, that's what--the boy has promised me a redux! Woo hoo!!! This time with TB... I'm going all out!

1 comments:

Jenn said...

At least from the pics you look healthy as horse. Just pretend the whole strep/bruises/sickness thing didn't happen when you look back. :)