Monday, May 05, 2008

Eye of the Hurricane

Wow... so, how goes it people? I haven't had time to sleep more than 6 hours a night, much less blog, and right now is just a little break in storm.

A recap, you say?

  • Work finally opened the 4000 square foot exhibition that I've worked on for two years' straight and man did that feel good!
  • I've written the first draft of my traveling exhibition, which means I spent the last two months learning everything about Renaissance science I could without learning Latin
  • I've seen the first draft of designs for the show and man are they pretty--I can't wait for it to open in June
  • I've successfully used acupuncture to treat my insomnia and my anxiety
  • My old powerbook finally died and I had to get a new MacBook--I got the black one 'cause of my gross, stain-leaving hands
  • I've lost 5 pounds and have started running again--plus, my new local gym (with pool) opens in a month!
  • I went to Denver and got altitude sickness 'cause I'm a "delicate flower"
  • Sara moved back!
So, the show's open and now things have to be closed out and sent back... my exhibition is still being worked on (dear lord, soooooo much writing to do in the next three days, I feel like crying... of course I realize how good I've got it so I try to keep it all in perspective) so, like I said, I'm not done yet and there's some hardcore writing to be done over the next two weeks before the exhibit opening June 2nd....

But really, so what if I have four more weeks of stress? 'cause in six weeks I will be lounging beside a beautiful Mexican beach, celebrating the marriage of two of my favorite people, and drowning all negative feelings about my wobbly bits in unlimited margaritas. Woo hoo!!

0 comments: