Friday, February 15, 2008

Fashion Hurts...

A Timeline

2003
Move to DC.  Aghast at the fashion--seriously, what's wrong with sneakers and overalls?

2004
Decide dressing cute isn't so bad... a necklace here, some lip gloss there, maybe some cute little shoes.

2005-2007
All out cute, all the time.  Even pointed-toe shoes.  In white. All year round.

2007
My foot starts to hurt a bit.  And I begin to obsess about bunions. Foot hurts more. I obsess more. Repeat.  

Jan 2008
I get a tattoo on said hurting foot.  Still insisting on wearing cute shoes to show it off.

Feb 2008
I give up, I give up!  I am officially an old lady shoe wearer. I can't do it anymore and I don't care if I can't even wear shoes where my rocket can be seen.  MY TOE FUCKING HURTS!!!  So, I have inserts in all of my shoes and I just bought some of those atrociously ugly Dansko clogs.  Walked two miles in them yesterday and it felt like heaven.  My chucks are now like cushiony clouds.  My ballet flats (which show off Kermie quite nicely) are amazing.  I only have one pair of pointy toe boots that I can wear with inserts and even they feel comfy (er). 

So there you go, toe.  Stop hurting.  You win. 

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yikes! Sorry your feet have been having trouble, but that's a success story with the inserts. May I ask what you bought for the inserts? I had a little trouble with my feet hurting on this trip too.

Emily said...

I mean what brand...