Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I hate shopping...

Well, Christmas is almost upon us and I have barely bought any presents. I have ideas, but a small budget for the festivities. Since this is the first XMAS since my Grandma died, we're all keeping it small. She was really the instigator of the Great American Potlatch, as my mom has dubbed Christmas at my Grandma's house. No more potlatches, I guess. Well, until my sister shoots out little ones. Don't look at me, man. My clock is ticking but I'm choosing to ignore it.

I guess things could be worse than having to go XMAS shopping. Like, I don't know, having to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge to get to work. And the way that Bloomberg keeps treating the strikers like they are criminals? Sometimes I wonder why we still have unions, the way that they are so bureaucratic and all... but then you get a situation where you realize workers need a voice. I don't know all the particulars, but it seems like to me that NY should just pay them more... The strike is hurting the big businesses more than anyone, because people are staying home from work. And it's Big Business that pushes an anti-union, low-wage culture in the first place. They (Big Business, Bloomberg and their 'Publican friends) are just shooting themselves in the foot with this one. Of course, I'm a commie so I'd side with the workers, wouldn't I?

On another note, the Danielson Famile is a weird weird band. My iPod just shuffled me a song from Tell Another Joke At the Ole' Choppin Block and I actually had to pause what I was doing and adjust my senses. That doesn't mean I don't like it, though. My favorite things are ugly.

0 comments: