Saturday, April 23, 2005

Make It Stop

Okay, so, it's been a week since I decided I was going to become a cool person and blog. And then life happened and I had no time! I was hired to write an exhibit for the Woodrow Wilson House in Washington D.C. on Wilson's three really interesting daughters and it finally opened this Tuesday the 19th. The Woodrow Wilson House is a small historic presidential home that has limited exhibit and collections staff. By limited, I mean one person and then me, the paid intern, and the historic housekeeper. So we had to write everything, clean everything, build mounts for everything, and make and hang every label. So we're doing this all day Monday before the exhibit opens officially and think we may be able to make an early night of it...Well, no, in fact, the label gods were against us and eating labels and even full sentences from the script. I'm not kidding, things were just disappearing and we had to reprint and remount. We were at the museum until 9 Monday night and then back again the next morning scrambling to get everything done. It was awful. So, as the first group was coming in to see the exhibit, we were running out the side door. Ah, life in a small museum. There's never a dull day. I love my job!

0 comments: