Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Babies on Spikes

And of course, instead of living in a country where I have thoughtful and inspiring leaders to help me make sense of what's happened, I have Bush. At the same time Bush is voicing his "deep concern" for the victims and families of Virginia Tech, he also feels it necessary for his puppets to tell the American public that "the president believes that there is a right for people to bear arms..." To buttress this heart-warming display of "compassionate conservatism," our lovely president came out supporting his Supreme Court's upholding of the partial birth ban, which has no clause to protect a women's health in any instance. All in the spirit of "building a culture of life in America." The day after the shootings!

Am I only one that finds the ways in which Bush builds his "culture of life" a little, well, fucked up? Seems like to me that laws that fail to protect the health of women and that allow easy access to semi-automatic weapons align more with a culture of death. But what do I know? I'm just a baby-hating, gun-hating, god-hating, illegal-immigrant loving, bleeding-heart liberal. And a woman on top of that!

Mmmm, tastes of chicken.

0 comments: